Asia’s alleged ‘Osama’ set to walk free in a week
Manila: While he may have never built a bomb himself or directly plotted or planned any of the hundreds of attacks that have taken place across the South East Asian region.
He is credited with inspiring the actions of others allegedly by his teachings – and granting of 'blessings' to some direct actions – as three Bali bombers testified in court in Indonesia to thier plans to bomb the Sari Club in Bali.
Next week the Wall Street Journal reports – the man most of Asia's law enforcement believes in the 'spiritual leader' or 'inspiration' to jihadi's – walks out of a Jakarta jail.
In Manila, Kuala Lampur, and Singapore regional counter terrorism experts are worried that his release may inspire new or renewed campaigns and a rebirth of some who are seen to follow his teachings calling for a pan-Asian Islamic caliphate…
 … " Next week, Abu Bakar Bashir — the al Qaeda-linked cleric known as Southeast Asia's "emir of jihad" — is expected to walk free from a Jakarta jail. It's all perfectly legal. Mr. Bashir has served his time, and his terrorist organization, Jemaah Islamiya (JI), isn't banned in Indonesia. Clearly, it's time to ask why the world's most populous Muslim country remains relatively lenient on terror, when the threat is so real. " … WSJ online excerpt
In Australia where a majority of the victims for the 2002 Bali Bombing were from the Primie Minister says there is little that can be done- as the actions of the clerics albeit alarming in tone – do not go directly into specific actions- thus- by mearly inspiring or inciting he has served his time in Jail.
From comments so far on his legal status – by Indonesia's government – he has paid for his actions in jail – and may be seen as having served his time for his actions.
 …. Bashir's release out of our hands: Downer
ABC Online, Australia –
… says there is nothing that the Australian Government can do about the imminent release from prison of the leader of the Jemaah Islamiah organisation, …
Still on the terrorism issue- here is an interesting item out of France where a french court has ordered the victims of a Abu Sayyaf kidnapping in Malaysia to be paid damages by a French tour operator.
|National (as of 11:30 A|
French court orders firm to pay $1.48M to Abu victims A court in Paris ordered a travel agency on Wednesday to pay $1.489 million (P78.87 million) in damages to three tourists who were abducted by the Abu Sayyaf group in Malaysia, ABS-CBN News learned … 
Entry filed under: abu sayyaf, Afghanistan, al qaeda, asia, border security, East Timor, fil-am, Filipino, filipino-american, free speech, freedom of speech, Jemaah Islamiah, news, News and politics, News Of China, OFW, philippines, Pinoy, pirates, protests, Rants, Raves, Whathaveyou..., terrorism, Uncategorized, Views, war, war on terror.