CBS News: report on Manila seems so stuck in the past…
- I watched this report and looked at the topic and saw one thing very weird with this "Letter from Asia" segment of a reporter who 'parachuted in' – its stuck in the past.
- There was one interview a columnist -so one view- no government side- no attempt to interview people on location- one sitdown at a five star hotel and poof- story- boy I wonder how much they spent to run file video. Nice file though.
- Yes there are truths to story but CBS- its not deep enough to even consider anything but a -hack job-they Didn't go to Ortigas or Eastwood or Alabang or even Makati-
- if I'm not mistaken they ddint even cross the pasig river!!!! HAHAHAHA
- Anyhow it is news on 'Manila' so I guess they decided to not go beyond the city limits…
- No wonder they are losing thier audiance… oh well… watch it and weep.
- People often ask me why there not more stories on the US networks of whats happening here – its because – this is the view of the country most of the producers and reporters have – more often than not – they never leave the comfort of thier surroundings – And they wonder why I cant get more stories out of here?
- I blame the latte crowd of editors and desk editors who wouldn't know a real story if it bit em on the behind!!!
- Arrghhh… this gets me mad… so one sided it wouldn't even pass the muster for local TV newscasts – what happened CBS?
- Can't afford the cab fare to go beyond the hotel lobby? And so walk two blocks to the seawall for a standup?
- Yeeaassshhh… whata waste! still good or bad it is publicty for the country- shame though it paints only one jaded old timer view of 'things in spin' package.
|Barry Petersen looks at the Philippines nowCBS News correspondent Barry Petersen examines how the Philippines have been slow to change since the fall of Ferdinand Marcos|
Entry filed under: Al Gore, asia, border security, Filipino, filipino-american, free speech, freedom of speech, news, News and politics, OFW, philippines, protests, Rants, Raves, Whathaveyou..., republican, Uncategorized, Views.