Voting for overseas filipnios has begun per reports specific and general information below those needing more information may go to comelec’s website here
”… Filipinos working abroad will begin voting in the Congressional elections at 88 posts set up abroad from today, a foreign affairs department spokesman said. They may vote till May 14 and the posts will be open through weekends and holidays, said Generoso Calonge, vice chairman of the secretariat for Overseas Absentee Voting (OAV). …”
The following are disqualified from registering as overseas absentee voters:
- Those who have lost their Philippine citizenship in accordance with Philippine laws;
- Those who have expressly renounced their Philippine citizenship and who have pledged allegiance to a foreign country;
- Those who have been convicted by final judgment of a court or tribunal of an offense punishable by imprisonment of not less than one (1) year, unless such disability has been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- Those who have been found guilty by final judgment of Disloyalty as defined under Article 137 of the Revised Penal Code, unless such disability has been removed by plenary pardon or amnesty;
- An immigrant or a permanent resident who is recognized as such in the host country, unless he/she executes upon filing of an application for registration as overseas absentee voter an affidavit declaring that: (i) he/she shall resume actual physical permanent residence in the Philippines not later than three (3) years from approval of his/her registration, and (ii) he/she has not applied for citizenship in another country;
- Any citizen of the Philippines abroad previously declared insane or incompetent by competent authority in the Philippines or abroad, as verified by the Philippine embassy, consulate or foreign service establishment concerned, unless such competent authority subsequently certifies that such person is no longer insane or incompetent.
However, those disqualified under paragraphs (c) and (d) hereof who have not been granted plenary pardon or amnesty shall automatically acquire or reacquire the right to vote as an overseas absentee voter upon the expiration of five (5) years after service of sentence.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.